Visit several museums, churches, and monasteries of Dubrovnik Old Town during a two-hour walking tour inside the World Heritage-listed city walls.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Licensed tour guide
- Small-group walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Explore the local streets
Discover the Highlights of Split and Diocletian’s Palace!
Split is Croatia’s second-largest city and the largest in Dalmatia, sitting on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea, centered around the Roman Palace of Emperor Diocletian. For more than 1700 years, the streets and alleyways of the Roman Emperor Diocletian’s Palace have been continuously inhabited.
Home to nobility, adventurers, gentry, and the common folk, you can still see and feel the history of centuries past everywhere you look in this city.
- Explore Diocletian’s Palace, built between 298 – 305 AD and still one of the finest examples of the architecture of the late Empire.
- Begin in the basement substructure. It is so remarkably preserved that it helped archaeologists understand not only how the palatial buildings above were built but also what they were used for.
- The heart of the palace, the Peristil, is our stop along with incredible spaces within the former emperor’s quarters. From here, you wander through the four quarters of the palace, stopping to meet a local artist, have an espresso or two, and learn the mystery and magic of what makes this palace one of UNESCO’s most celebrated World Heritage Sites!
As enjoying life to the fullest is one of the key philosophies of the Split lifestyle, your guide also points out the prime locations in Split for enjoying local foods, wine, and espresso, as well as for getting some authentic Split mementos to always remind you of this great day in the city.
- Places of worship and select museums adhere to a dress code. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- There is a minimum of two people required for the first booking of this tour. In the event of the tour being canceled due to not meeting the minimum booking requirements, you will receive a full refund.