This guided tour of Dubrovnik’s museums takes you to some places you may have never thought to wander, thus enriching your experience here.
- Professional local guide
- Adult From 16+ years old
- Child Ages 15 years old and under
Explore Dubrovnik’s Medieval Walls and History!
Dubrovnik’s medieval walls are a must-visit, but an aimless wander along their length won’t do them justice. This interesting two-hour walking tour reveals their history while rewarding you with stunning panoramas over Dubrovnik’s red rooftops and the Adriatic Sea.
Stroll the full circuit of the ramparts with a guide and stop to see the forts, towers, and bastions that punctuate the walls along the way.
- Two-hour Dubrovnik medieval city walls walking tour with a guide
- Walk the length of the famous stone walls that surround Dubrovnik Old Town.
- Enjoy panoramic views of Dubrovnik’s rooftops and the Adriatic Sea.
- Learn how and why the walls were built and extended from the 12th century on.
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people.
Meet your guide near Dubrovnik Old Town, and pay the entrance fee (own expense) to climb to the top of the medieval walls that encircle the city. Hear the story of the UNESCO-listed walls, learning how they were begun in the 12th century and continually extended until the 17th century. Then, set off on along the full 1.25-mile (2-kilometer) length, seeing the forts, bastions, and towers incorporated into the fortifications.
Stop at the Minceta Tower on the landside, eastern section. Admire this circular tower and hear how it was built in the 15th century to defend against attacks from Ottoman forces. Enjoy the panoramic views from here down over the Old Town’s rooftops, and see the site of the city’s original Slavic settlement.
Walk on to the Revelin Fortress, an imposing 15th-century fort built to protect the city’s Ploce Gate from the Ottomans. Then, continue past the pretty boat-filled harbor to the St. John Fortress, and enjoy the views over the boats on the Adriatic from the seaward, southwestern walls.
Finally, stop at Fort Bokar and take in views of Lovrijenac, the separate rock top fortress that guards the city against the north. Your tour then finishes at the starting point.
- There is a minimum of two people required for the first booking of this tour. If the tour must be canceled due to not meeting the minimum booking requirements, you will receive a full refund.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fees